A ♥ indicates my personal favorites / most highly recommended resources (so far!). Check back from time to time as I update this list with new awesome books / people / links.
Migraine and Headaches:
- Heal Your Headache, Dr. David Buchholz – please see my Goodreads review for some tips before reading this book
- ♥The Dizzy Cook
- Migraine Strong
- American Migraine Foundation
- ♥Migraine Buddy (app)
- Consult with your doctor!
- ♥Dr. Robert Grill, TMJ Facial Pain Center – Dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment & comfort of patients suffering from TMJ syndrome
- ♥The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
- The Heart of Aromatherapy by Andrea Butje
- Aromatics International – my favorite online place to by essential oils
- Wendy Iglehart, MA, LCPC, LLC – adult individual, couples counseling, collaborative divorce
- Elizabeth Kent, LCSW-C, Perissos Therapy – anxiety, postpartum depression, relationship issues
- Archetype Wellness – Group classes, virtual training, and corporate wellness
- Pulse Health + Fitness Club – a family-owned 24-hour-access boutique-style fitness club that specializes in on the go fitness for busy professionals and discerning fitness enthusiasts
- Baltimore Kettlebell Club – personalized and class training with kettlebells
- Fit Body Boot Camp – need to light a fire under that behind?
- Interactive Fitness – a la carte gym, classes, and personal training
- ♥YogaDownload.com – stream or download free 20-minute yoga practices
- ♥Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, MPH
- ♥OvulationCalculator.com – a great companion to Weschler’s book, even though they aren’t affiliated
- The Fertile Female by Julia Indichova
- The Natural Way to Better Babies by Francesca Naish, Janette Roberts
- Shady Grove Fertility Clinic (Towson office)
- The Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
Pregnancy and Childbirth:
- AIMM – Association of Independent Midwives of Maryland
- ♥The Healthy Pregnancy Book by Dr. William Sears and Martha Sears (a month-by-month guide)
- ♥Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: the Complete Guide by Penny Simkin (a more in depth guide to labor, delivery, and the postpartum period)
- Natural Hospital Birth by Cynthia Gabriel (excellent for parents who want the best of both worlds)
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin (for when you need positive birth stories in a culture of negativity)
- ♥Prenatal Yoga Practices at YogaDownload.com (check with your healthcare provider, of course)
- ICAN – International Cesarean Awareness Network
- BabyNameWizard.com – see how popular your baby-to-be’s name is right now
Support: Doulas, Childbirth Educators, & Safety
- Carla Paisley, Mobtown Doulas
- Emily Pelton, Doulas of Baltimore
- Odile Penet, My Birth Companion
- DONA International – What is a doula?
- The Car Seat Lady – 90% of car seats are installed incorrectly. Check out this website and request an appointment. It’s only $15 per seat or base.
- ♥Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
- ♥KellyMom.com – evidence-based breastfeeding and parenting
- La Leche League International – mother-to-mother breastfeeding support
- Local La Leche League groups
- ♥Maryland Breastfeeding Laws – You have the right to breastfeed your child in public, to pump at work, and to tax-free supplies.
- ♥The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp
- What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel
- Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads
- Infant Massage: A Handbook for Loving Parents by Vimala Schneider McClure
- Baby-Led Weaning by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett (introducing solid foods – skip the jars! Yes, really!)
- CottonBabies.com – cloth diapers and cloth-diapering know-how
- Scary Mommy – A popular blog started by a Baltimore mom, it’s very frank advice and tales of life with kids.
- ♥How to Talk so Little Kids will Listen by Joanna Faber and Julie King
- ♥Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child by Robert J. MacKenzie, Ed.D
Online personal stylists (I’m obsessed!)
- Stitch Fix: Women, Men, and Kids
- Trunk Club: Women and Men
- ♥Rockets of Awesome: Kids – and they are The Best!
- ♥MOM’s Organic Market
- ♥Grove Collaborative – what if it was easy to find healthier home essentials?
- Pela Case – Compostable phone cases and zero-waste screen protectors
Be sure to check out Pela’s blog post about why you shouldn’t place compostable plastics in either the trash OR the recycling bin
(Mom’s Organic Market has a compost bin for customers.)
- ♥The Kid Should See This – A curated collection of not-made-for-kids videos that are actually perfect for kids
- ♥The Kid Should See This Gift Guide – an ongoing list of awesome, thoughtful gifts for kids of all ages
- ♥Koala Crate (and Cricket Crate, Kiwi Crate, Tinker Crate, and Doodle Crate)
- Get Me Out: A History of Childbirth from the Garden of Eden to the Sperm Bank by Randi Hutter Epstein